Fancied a change from the traditional fruit or cheese scones the other day. So I decided to make a alternative option to spice up your life & keep you warm this winter. Give it a try
6 oz ( 175 g ) self raising flour
Pinch of salt and pepper
1 oz (25g) margarine
3 oz (75g) grated monchego cheese
1 medium eggs
2 tbsp milk
1 mashed up roasted garlic clove
1/2 red chilli pepper diced
1. Pre-heat oven to 220 degrees Celsius, grease a baking tray.
2. Mix flour and all seasonings. Rub in margarine. Stir in cheese, saving some for the top.
3. Mix to a soft dough with the egg & milk, reserving a small amount for glazing.
4. Roll out to the thickness of a pound coin then cut into triangles or whatever shapes you like.
5. Put on baking tray, brush with egg & milk then sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 10 -15 mins until golden.
The chilli kicks gives a gentle heat which compliments the milks sheep’s cheese perfectly.
Also tasty with a slice of tomato & or sweet pickle to make the perfect party nibble!
That’s how I roll… 😘