The fresh and fruity flavour of this simple pretty cake will leave your taste buds feeling great!
A normal sponge with a couple of different ingredients makes this cake a spring sensation . If your cooking for guests this Easter be sure not to miss serving up this dish.
6 oz margarine/butter
6 oz Caster sugar
6 oz self raising flour
1 small punnet of raspberries
Half a jar of lemon curd
1. Cream fat and sugar until light & fluffy.
2. Add the flour a bit at a time with each egg and slowly combine.
3. Transfer cake batter into tin and spread out evenly.
4. Sprinkle 3/4 of the raspberries on top of the cake mix and gently push them down slightly.
5. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius , 160 degrees fan for 40-45 minutes. Keep an eye on it.
6. Once baked remove from oven and set aside to cool completely.
7. Cut the cake in half
and spread with a quater of the the lemon curd and a small handful of raspberries in the centre. Reassemble then spread the rest of the curd on top of the sponge. Decorate with the remaining raspberries.
Optional but a very tasty suggestion for a unusual desert. Failing that a cup of tea and cake never goes to waste!
Look out for some lovely little cherry loaves coming to the blog next.
Happy Easter baking everyone