If your looking for an alternative cake to impress with you can’t go wrong with a marvelous marble cake!
It looks a lot more complicated than it actually is to make, making this the go to cake to bake when you need a change from the same old sponge.
For this recipe you will need:
6oz Caster sugar
6oz self raising flour
Yellow food colouring
Red food colouring
6oz icing sugar
1 tsp of milk
1. Cream butter & sugar in a bowl until light & fluffy.
2. Add the flour a bit at a time with each of the eggs and slowly combine
3. Put one third of the cake mix each in three separate bowls. Leave one plain and colour the others one red and one yellow.
6. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius/ 160 degrees Celsius for fan ovens for 25-30 minutes. You’ll know the cake is ready when it springs back to the touch and is coming away from the sides of the tin.
7. Cool completely before attempting to remove cake from tin.
8. Meanwhile make the buttercream frosting by beating the icing sugar & butter together with the milk. Set aside in the fridge to stiffen slightly.
9. Remove cake from tin and spread with frosting then sprinkle with your chosen decoration. I might have a go at marble effect icing too next time!
( I also cut mine into slices after which isn’t the best move if your not going to eat all the cake the same day. Store in an air tight container & consume within 2- 3 days.)
Please share your attempts at my recipes with me on social media.Follow on twitter& insta