I wasn’t in the mood for a big and fancy bake the other day and I had some spare oatmeal in the cupboard that had been sat there a while not getting used up so I decided to make some simple yet satisfying golden syrup flapjacks.
75g demerara sugar
3 tbsp lyles golden syrup
250g rolled oats (porridge oats) I used mornflake stone ground
Makes 9-12 pieces.
- Preheat oven to 180 °c (160°c fan) gas mark 4.
- Grease a square tin. (You could also line it)
- Put the butter,sugar and syrup into a pan and heat gently until everything’s melted.
- Stir in the oats.
- Turn into the tin.
- Press the mixture firmly with the back of a spoon and level out evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Remove from the oven, cool for 10 minutes then mark into 12 pieces whilst warm.
- Completely cool before turning out .
They will keep upto a week in an airtight container.
Fuel your day with a flapjack and a cup of tea on a morning or a pick me up in the afternoon!