cooking time 30-45 minutes
Serves/makes 6-8 small tarts
The combination of almond and apricot is heavenly and this recipe showcases both of them at their very best!
60z of sweet shortcrust pastry either shop bought or you can find my trusty recipe I always use here; http://wp.me/p6UAuA-6Z
Almond filling: 4oz butter, 4oz Caster sugar,3 eggs,4oz ground almonds,few drops almond or vanilla extract,apricot jam.
Decoration: ripe apricots stoned & halved, apricot jam,icing.
- Preheat oven to 190°c/170°c fan/gas 5.Get a flat baking tray.
- Make pastry & chill.
- Roll out the pastry on floured worktop and use to line the tart tins. Prick the bases lightly with a fork then chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Bake pastry cases blind for about 10 minutes or until pale brown.
- Put the fat and sugar in a mixer,food processor or bowl and beat until creamy. Add eggs then ground almonds, extract and mix until it’s all incorporated.
- Spread a little apricot jam over the Base of the tarts and spoon the frangipani mixture on top. Bake for 20-30 minutes until the filling sets. Take out of oven and cool.
- Meanwhile, gently poach the apricot halves in water until tender then put aside to cool.
- Arrange the apricots on top of the tarts. Warm some of the apricot jam. Brush the jam over the apricot halves to glaze. Drizzle or swirl with the icing to finish.
Serve tart cold with a warm drink or hot with custard/ice cream for a fruity & comforting dessert this summer.