Bundt cakes and drippy icing seem to be big trends in the baking world right now so I thought I’d combine the two to create this marvelously moist carrot cake 🐰
For this cake you will need:
225g (8oz) self raising flour
Half a tsp mixed spice
150g (5oz) soft dark brown sugar
150g (5oz) freshly grated carrot
2 medium eggs
Quater of a pint / 150ml corn or sunflower oil
2 tbsp milk
50g (2oz) butter
2 tbsp orange juice
225g (8oz) icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease your bundt tin.
- Put the flour & mixed spice in a big bowl and thoroughly mix together. Stir in sugar & grated carrots, make a well in the middle and cracks in the eggs & add the oil and milk. Beat well until blended.
- Place in prepared tin and bake for 40 minutes. Leave to cool then turn out from tin.
- Melt butter & orange juice in a saucepan, beat in icing sugar til smooth. Drizzle over the cake letting it run over and down the edges.
- Sprinkle with orange rind or brown sugar to finish.
Unfortunately this is the only bundt cake I’ve managed to make since purchasing my tin the other month.I would really love to make some more an would appreciate any recipes you lovely followers would like to share with me in the comments below 🐇
Bye for now honey bunnies 🤗