Biscuit week on the great British bake off might have been and gone but if you’re still searching for a quick biscuit fix look no further than these delicious and easy to make coffee biscuits. Perfect any time of day especially served with a cup of the strong stuff to perk you up on a morning!
6oz (175g) self raising flour
3 oz (75g) Caster sugar
3 oz (75g) margarine
1 medium beaten egg
2 tsp instant coffee dissolved in 1tbsp hot water
- Preheat oven 180 degrees Celsius, gas mark 4. Grease one or two baking trays.
- Mix sugar & flour, then rub in margarine.
- stir in all the coffee essence and egg, mix thoroughly.
- Separate into walnut sized balls. Put on baking tray, flatten slightly with fingers or back of a spoon and bake for 15 minutes roughly.
- Cool for only a couple of minutes before carefully removing from tray.
Store for up to a week in an airtight container.