The ideal cake to bake for a sunny afternoon tea treat!
150g self raising flour
Pinch of salt
125g Caster sugar
4 tbsp natural yoghurt (preferably Greek as the consistency is thicker)
Half a tsp vanilla extract
Lemon zest (optional)
125g raspberries *reserve a few for decoration
100g white chocolate
140g unsalted butter
140g icing sugar
- Preheat oven 180 °c/ 160 fan, gas mark 4. Grease and line (optional) a round cake or loaf tin. I used a silicon loaf tin.
- Put the flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Add the sugar, marg, unbeaten eggs, yoghurt, vanilla extract and zest if your using it I didn’t and stir. Beat the mixture together for a couple of minutes until smooth and creamy. Fold in the raspberries Spoon the mix into prepared tin and level off the top.
- Bake for 30 -40 minutes. Cool for a few minutes then remove from tin and leave until completely cooled.
- To decorate make the white chocolate frosting, melt chocolate, leave to cool a little. In a separate bowl, beat the butter and icing sugar together until creamy. Beat in chocolate.
- Pour all over the top of the cake leaving it to run over the edge for a drip effect then finish with a final flourish of fresh raspberries & chunks of chocolate.
This light yet indulgent cake will definitely brighten up your day and is so moreish you’ll have to be quick if you want an extra slice!
Sweet like chocolate