As usual I’m late to the party with this lovely light lemon flavoured recipe in honour of national cupcake week.
4 oz margarine
4 oz caster sugar
4 oz self raising flour
Zest and juice of half a lemon.
4 oz icing sugar
2 oz butter
Spruce green food colouring
Yellow fondant icing
- Cream margarine & sugar together until light and fluffy, like so.
- Add the flour a little at a time with each egg
and fold in the zest and juice of half a lemon until fully combined .
- Pour the mix into the cupcake cases Bake for 15-20 minutes at 180°c.
- Once baked, leave to completely cool before attempting to cover with buttercream which you can make in the meantime and chill in the fridge.
- Simply blend the icing sugar & butter together until smooth then separate into two bowls and colour one with a little of the green food colouring. Making the daisy flower toppers I used this genius invention & easy to use sugarpaste flower shape cutter
I won a set of the other month from the cute, craft company you should definitely go check there site out by the way because it is awesome! All you have to do is roll out your sugarpaste with a little icing sugar and use the cutter by pressing it firmly down twisting from side to side gently then pushing it down to add the flower detail & release.
- Finally cover your cupcakes with the beautiful buttercream you could pipe it on if desired
. I might try to do more of a grass effect on the green ones next time.Then all that’s left to do is top with the ditsy sugarpaste daisy’s.
They almost look too cute to eat don’t they? Who am I kidding no cake is too nice to eat!