These cute spooky creations make perfect little halloween cupcake toppers or could be used as part of a terrifyingly tasty Eton mess come witching hour. They are also scarily fun and easy to make!
You only need these 3 ingredients to make 10-12 meringues:
2 large egg whites
2 oz caster sugar or icing sugar ( I used a combination of both)
Black fondant icing to decorate.
1. Pre-heat oven to 100°c & place the rack in the middle of the oven. line or grease a baking sheet. Have a piping bag ready with a plain tip in.
2. In a bowl (and electric mixer works best for this job) whisk egg whites until white & they hold soft peaks. Gradually add sugar a bit at a time and beat until the meringue holds very stiff peaks.
3. Transfer the meringue into piping bag and holdingredients the bag vertical pipe high mounds.
4. Bake for 1-1 1/2 hours until dry and crisp to the touch. Leave meringues in the oven to cool properly for at least a few hours.
5. To decorate roll out fondant thinly &cut small circles out for the eyes and carefully stick them on with a very small dab of sugar glue or water.
I dare anyone not to like these sweet ghosties!
Booo for now