Hey 😇’s ,
This will be my last blog post/festive ish recipe until after the Christmas period,unfortunately.I just can’t seem to find the time to write as much as I’d like to lately with all the preparations going on for the big day ( baking sweet Christmasy treats & gifts is a massive part of this) I may even get around to blogging about them next Christmas 😂 as I have a back log of posts to do in the meantime 😘.
I hope you enjoy this festive flavoured bake & look foward to sharing more sweetness with you all in the new year, a new blog look & rename are on the cards too!🤗
- 250g strong white bread flour
- 1tsp salt
- 1 sachet quick acting yeast
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 150ml orange juice
- 50g chocolate
- Cup of milk
- Cup of oats.
- Put the flour,salt,yeast and orange into a mixing bowl. Mix together with a fork. When you can’t stir with a fork anymore put the dough onto work surface.
- Knead for 10-15 minutes. Shape into a ball and leave to prove for about an hour in a warm place. Preheat oven to 200°c.
- Once risen press with your finger and let the air escape.
- Form into a ball then stretch the dough out. Add some chocolate. Roll back into a ball and repeat the process again.
- Shape dough into a ball and cut into 3 balls. Stretch out the balls into a line and then plait the dough with them.
- Brush the top of the plait with some milk using a pastry brush.
- Sprinkle some oats on top too.
- Put the plait onto a baking tray and prove the dough for another 10 minutes.
- Pop into oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
Once cooled slice & enjoy on its own or with a spread of marmalade for that extra citrus zing!
Merry Christmas everyone! Thank you for all your kind comments, likes & support so far. Have a very happy new year & I’ll hope you’ll all join me for whatever 2017 has to bring. 🎉
Let the festivities begin!