I don’t feel like blogging much lately 🐰, probably because of the fast approaching Christmas holidays! There’s so much still left to do and I haven’t even got round to making our Christmas cake yet either *sighs.
However when I got asked to write a guest post on this lovely site filled with a wonderfull variety of recipes, I just couldn’t refuse!
Here’s the link where you’ll find my recipe to the cute carrot cake muffins pictured above:http://tajinny.com/recipe/1336/Mini%20Carrot%20Cake%20Muffins
Hope you all enjoy this recipe and maybe give it a go 😘 all comments are very welcomed below.
Bundt cakes and drippy icing seem to be big trends in the baking world right now so I thought I’d combine the two to create this marvelously moist carrot cake 🐰
For this cake you will need:
225g (8oz) self raising flour
Half a tsp mixed spice
150g (5oz) soft dark brown sugar
150g (5oz) freshly grated carrot
2 medium eggs
Quater of a pint / 150ml corn or sunflower oil
2 tbsp milk
50g (2oz) butter
2 tbsp orange juice
225g (8oz) icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease your bundt tin.
- Put the flour & mixed spice in a big bowl and thoroughly mix together. Stir in sugar & grated carrots, make a well in the middle and cracks in the eggs & add the oil and milk. Beat well until blended.
- Place in prepared tin and bake for 40 minutes. Leave to cool then turn out from tin.
- Melt butter & orange juice in a saucepan, beat in icing sugar til smooth. Drizzle over the cake letting it run over and down the edges.
- Sprinkle with orange rind or brown sugar to finish.
Unfortunately this is the only bundt cake I’ve managed to make since purchasing my tin the other month.I would really love to make some more an would appreciate any recipes you lovely followers would like to share with me in the comments below 🐇
Bye for now honey bunnies 🤗
With spring just around the corner, Mother’s day and Easter are fast approaching. The poor Easter bunnies ( mummy’s ) are going to be worn out with all the hopping around. So what better way to thank your bunny… I mean mummy for all her hard work and effort than with these cute carrot cupcakes. They will fuel her day for even more Easter egg hunting! 🐇
This recipe will make a baker’s dozen cupcakes (13).
150g (6oz) Trex
150g (6oz) Caster sugar
200g (7oz) self raising flour
1/2 tsp mixed spice
1/4 tsp salt
225g (8oz) grated carrot
50g (2oz) butter
100g (4oz) icing sugar
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius/fan oven 150 degrees celsius/gas mark 3. Put your paper cases in the tin.
2. Put the Trex, sugar, eggs and 1/2 the lime juice into a large mixing bowl. You can mix this by hand but I used my machine. (Makes no difference only in time) mix together for 1 minute then put in the flour, salt and mixed spice and beat together until smooth and creamy takes about 2 mins by hand and just less than a min in a mixer.
3. Add the grated carrot with the other half of the lime juice, fold into the mixture. Transfer the mix to the prepared bun cases using a metal spoon. Fill to almost the top and level off.
4. Bake in the centre of the oven for 20-25 minutes. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then take out and leave to completely cool.
5. To make the frosting , beat the butter, icing sugar and ground ginger together until light and smooth . Spread or pipe onto the top of each cupcake. You can now get even more creative by carving some shapes out of carrot for decoration if you like.
Now all that’s left to do is hop on over to the kettle and make a nice cup of tea for you & your mother 🍵+🍰=☺